Are you selling your house or putting it up for rent?
If so, then you need to think why would buyers be interested in your house, when there are large numbers of other property in the market?
To get a good deal, it is highly important to make your property stand out from the crowd.
But, how to do that?
Here, we discuss some simple ways to make your property more appealing to buyers when you are selling it on your own.
Making a Good First Impression is the Key
Remember the old adage “first impression is the last impression”? While it does not hold true all the time, when it comes to property selling, you won’t get a second chance to lure the buyer into buying your house. To leave a good first impression, make sure you do the following before putting your property up for sale:
- Declutter your house
- Deep clean each and every part of the house (put a lot of emphasis on bathrooms and kitchen)
- Do little touches, such as repairing any damages, replacing old and damaged carpets, and fresh coat of paint.
- Work on your lawn. A manicured and properly managed lawn with some colorful flowers adds a great value to your property.
- View your property from the buyer’s perspective. If you find it hard to objectively assess your property, take any of your friend’s help. Ask your friend to visit your house and give an honest feedback about everything. This will help you notice the minor faults that you might have not noticed.
Once the job is done, make sure to thank your friend for their time and cooperation. Give a small gift to your friend as a token of thanks; provide a memorable gift like a drink bottle with their name printed on it.
- Market your property online. In today’s real estate market, you are very less likely to get a good deal without marketing your property online. This is because almost every buyer’s search for properties starts online. Take help of an online property advertising and management company to ensure that your property gains the attention of as many potential buyers as possible and to finalise the deal at your price.
- Make your property presentable before the inspection. A lot of people market their property without making any real changes in their home to make it presentable. Remember, good presentation always matters, and it is one of the factors that can be really influential in the decision making process for potential buyers. Therefore, if you have not done it before, do work on the presentation of your house to ensure a fruitful inspection.
Always remember that your house should look like the description you have provided in the advertisement.